Many state and county governments are releasing plans to reopen the economy to essential businesses. While this is an encouraging sign, please know this process will be thoughtfully considered at Newcastle Place. We will implement a multiphased approach when reopening our community. As we serve vulnerable adults throughout our community, Newcastle Place’s reopening phases may differ from the state’s or county’s phased approach. We will base decisions for each phase on state and regional criteria, advice from public health officials, and the health status of our community. We will evaluate how we shift our protocols after we know our community is no longer at risk, and with careful consideration of the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and local and state health departments.
We are all looking forward to the day when we can resume our lives as a community and gather with our friends, yet the health and safety of residents and employees must remain our highest priorities. From the beginning, we have taken on this challenge as a marathon rather than a sprint. There are no shortcuts or easy answers when it comes to how we reduce our risk regarding COVID-19, and it’s as important as ever that we continue to remain focused on protecting ourselves and supporting each other. We want to keep you informed regarding what services will reopen and our policies on visitors to the community.
As of June 1, 2020, Newcastle Place service updates and visitor policies are as follows:
- Assisted Living and Independent Living family members, powers of attorney and other visitors at all levels of care may be allowed but ONLY with limitations after June 1st.
- Exterior meeting locations with social distancing and physical barriers will be developed at the North and South campus.
- The salon is open by appointment with restrictions and limitations.
- Fitness centers are open with restrictions and limitations, including modified fitness classes with limited participants.
- Common spaces and outdoors spaces can be utilized to 4 residents with social distancing and masks.
- Modified housekeeping services continue
- Residents must wear masks anytime they leave their residence.
- Continue to practice social and physical distancing (6ft).
In the upcoming weeks, and until further notice, Newcastle Place will continue to follow the heightened precautionary measures currently in place. These practices include following social distancing protocols, wearing masks, and observing visitation restrictions. We understand the risks posed to our community from COVID-19 and remain committed to our processes. As the situation evolves, and we make changes to our protocols, residents, employees and families will be notified first. We will work to keep you informed via our website.
Thank you for your patience, your support, and for embodying the hopeful spirit that Newcastle Place is known for as we continue to navigate this process together. If you have specific questions on how Newcastle Place will reopen, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-387-8800 for local information. For more information about COVID-19 and our national response to COVID-19, go to https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/.