Our memory care neighborhood in Mequon, WI, is especially designed for those needing care for Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our attentive, highly trained staff uses the latest in memory care research and best practices to provide person-centered, activity-focused care in an intimate, safe, and secure environment.
Your loved one will receive support from certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and other specially trained members of our memory care staff — including a medical director and attending physicians. As a vital component of our community-wide commitment to whole-person health, we get to know every memory care resident and their families on a deeper level. This allows us to work together to provide services and a plan of care that truly reflects each residents’ wants and needs.
Memory care services include:
- Private suites
- Safe and secure sunroom, outdoor patio and activities room
- 24/7 access to licensed nursing associates
- A care coordinator and dedicated medical team overseeing care, including a medical director and attending physicians
- Respectful assistance with daily living
- Enriching activities coordinated by our community life services director
“My mother has been at Newcastle Place in both rehab and Memory Care for a year now and I am very happy with her care. My questions or concerns are answered promptly and professionally. And the activities aids keep my mom engaged. I feel mom is safe and taken care of and she gets good meals. I give Newcastle an A.”
— Lori Minz, daughter of resident
Programs to help ensure more peaceful days.
Because your loved one’s preferences, past and personal story matter, we offer three innovative programs including:
- Heartfelt CONNECTIONS – A Memory Care Program®: This person-centered program is grounded in the belief that the abilities that remain are far more important than those that are lost. The diversity of our planned mental, physical and spiritual programs encourage residents to engage in activities they enjoy, despite increasing impairments.
- Music & Memory®: Music evokes memories that seem lost; it connects your loved one to their identity and improves overall health and well-being. This program starts by discovering your family member’s history and preferences to create a music playlist specific to them.
- Memories in the Making: This unique fine arts program offers a creative and non-verbal way of communicating and capturing precious moments through art. Art can help stimulate the brain, enhance connections with families and caregivers, preserve distant memories or captures the “spirit of the moment,” and open communication about self-perceptions and the world.
To learn more about how our memory care in Mequon, WI can help your loved one, fill out our form on this page.
Frequently asked questions
People who are cognitively challenged, whether from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, require additional levels of care and security than those who simply need help with activities of daily living. Memory care residences at Newcastle Place are designed to ensure residents feel safe and secure. Our program is structured to build confidence in an environment that promotes choice and celebrates accomplishments.
Our fully trained staff gets to know your loved one — their history, their likes and dislikes, and preferred schedule. This nurturing relationship often improves interactions, helps reduce behavior problems, and can result in a reduction in medication needs.
Dementia refers to the loss of cognitive functions (thinking, reasoning, the ability to remember) that is severe enough to interfere with a person’s daily functioning. This group of symptoms may accompany certain diseases or conditions. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form (and cause) of dementia. It is a progressive, degenerative disease of the brain, characterized by loss of function and death of nerve cells in several brain areas. This leads to loss of recent memories and new learning first, and eventually old memories, too.